Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A big, fun list of links I'm reading

Since blogging is hard, but reading is easy, lately I've taken to bookmarking interesting articles I'm reading, with the plan of blogging about them later. This follow-through has happened a few times, but not that often. In an amazing moment of thesis procrastination, today I sat down and figured out how to turn my del.icio.us bookmarks into a nice blogpost, with the plan that every week a post will appear with links I've recently read, or maybe I'll use the script to generate a draft for myself that I'll revise, or something.

But for this first such link post, I put in a whole bunch of them beyond just the last week -- why have just a few when you could have *all* of them? Future link posts will be shorter, I promise.
Kudos to del.icio.us RSS feeds and Mark Pilgrim's Universal Feed Parser.

2 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

I notice a few of those links I suggested. My del.icio links are at del.icio.us/shawns/ . Also, http://www.crookedtimber.org/ usually has some good discussion of recent events and such.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

While this is a recommendation for an old-fashioned, paper book, I would recommend that you read Paul Feyerabend's Against Method, which is a discussion about the irrational development of scientific theories. Read it with thoughts of belief revision in the background.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home